- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided into 1/2 cups
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 1/2 cups softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sliced banana
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 thick slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh fruit to garnish
- In a deep dish, whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup sugar, orange juice, 1 teaspoon vanilla and banana. Mix until well combined.
- In small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, water and cinnamon sticks. Bring to boil, reduce by 1/3. Set aside, but keep warm.
- Heat butter in large pan over medium-high heat. Dredge slices of bread in egg batter, shaking off excess, and fry in pan two at time, browning on both sides.
- Spread three pieces of French toast with cream cheese mix, about 3/4 cup. Top with another slice of French toast. Serve stuffed French toast with cinnamon simple syrup and fresh fruit.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: