- 1 1/2 pounds boneless salmon fillet
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh dill weed
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly vertically
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, snapped into halves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 4 ounces spring lettuces or mesclun
- 1 baguette, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, divided: 1/4 cup chopped, 1/4 cup slivered (chiffonade)
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
- Heat broiler to low.
- Coat salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place fresh dill across the top of fillet. Broil 5 to 7 minutes—you want the fish to be cooked medium so that it will easily flake, but not be dry. Remove from oven and let cool. If there is skin on the fillet, remove and discard.
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a small skillet. Add green beans and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Plunge green beans into an icy bath to set bright green color and stop cooking. Drain well and place into a large salad bowl.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onions until caramelized. Cool and spoon over green beans. Add cherry tomatoes, lettuces and bread pieces.
- Place vinegar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, chopped basil leaves and remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil in a jar with a lid. Seal and shake vigorously. Pour over salad mixture and toss.
- Add flaked salmon and basil slivers. Toss gently and serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: