- 2 cups raisins
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons water
- Juice of 1 lime, about 1 tablespoon
- Zest of 1 lime, about 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 8 to 12 chicken drumsticks
Recipe by Meredith Steele of In Sock Monkey Slippers
- Place raisins in a pot. Add just enough cold water to cover the raisins about 1/2 inch. Over high heat, bring raisins to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until raisins are plump.
- Strain raisins, discarding water, and place in a food processor or blender. Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cilantro, water, lime juice, lime zest, cumin and salt. Pulse 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is smooth. If consistency seems overly thick, add a small amount of water. This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Reserve 1 cup of raisin sauce and set aside. With a spoon or basting brush, lightly brush all sides of each drumstick with the sauce. Place drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with foil lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roast 30 minutes, basting with sauce every 10 minutes, until cooked through (juices run clear when poked with a knife tip). Plate and serve with use the reserved sauce for dipping.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: