- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces fully cooked Spanish chorizo cut in 1/4-inch coins
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (2-pound) rotisserie chicken, cut in large pieces
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine broth and saffron in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and sauté until just brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Stir in paprika, salt and black pepper. Add rice; toss until well coated. Stir in wine, then drained tomatoes and broth. Cover skillet and transfer to oven; bake 15 minutes.
- Arrange chicken pieces over rice, and scatter peas over the top (do not stir rice). Continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve straight from the pan with lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: