- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large medium-ripe plantain, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
Recipe by Lisa Holderness and Wini Moranville.
- Combine salt, cumin and cinnamon. Sprinkle on one side of plantain slices. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add plantains, spice side down; cook until golden and slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Stir in pineapple, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook until thoroughly heated, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in green onions and jalapeño; remove from heat.
- Place ice cream into 6 serving dishes. Spoon fruit and sauce over ice cream.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: