- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 3 fresh ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- Whole cloves
- 1 (9-pound) precooked, sugar-cured, bone-in ham
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil. Toss in pineapple and peaches. Stir in sugar and allspice. Reduce heat to low and cook until fruit pieces release their juices and caramelize.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar and Dijon mustard together.
- Cut away some of the fat of the ham and peel away the hide. Score the ham in criss-cross fashion, and insert a whole clove at each intersecting point. Rub Dijon-brown sugar mixture over meat. Place it into a roasting pan and pour a cup of water into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes. Spoon pineapple-peach glaze over the ham and continue to bake for another 45 minutes. Allow the ham to rest 15 minutes before carving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: