- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup clam broth or juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 10 shucked oysters with juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, such as Heinz
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 slices toasted white bread
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup oyster crackers
- In a double boiler with water boiling on high, combine clam juice, butter, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce. Once butter melts, add oysters and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add chili sauce and stir well. 2
- Add half-and-half and milk and cook for a few minutes until heated through, but not boiling.
- Place a slice of white toast in a warm 9-inch soup plate. Using a slotted spoon, place oysters over toast. Pour hot liquid over oysters, filling to about ¼-inch beneath the rim. Garnish with a paprika. Serve with oyster crackers.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: