- 1 (2-pound) pork loin
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 very ripe apples or pears, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut small slits all over pork loin. Insert garlic into slits. Press basil over pork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven; add pork, sear on both sides until browned. Add chopped fruit and red wine. Cover and cook in oven 20 minutes or until and instant-read thermometer registers 160F. Remove pork from pan; let stand 10 minutes.
- Place fruit and wine mixture left in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add cream and cook until reduced to a thick syrupy sauce. Slice pork and serve with the sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: