- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
Recipe adapted from
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked through. Reduce heat to low, add garlic, and stir and cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Cool and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Combine onion and salt in a colander; let stand 15 minutes or until onion is wilted. Rinse and dry with paper towels.
- Whisk mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp and onion; mix to coat shrimp with dressing.
Simply Shrimp by James Peterson (Stewart, Tabori & Chang, 2007)
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: