- 1 tablespoon Butter for greasing pan
- 1 (1-pound) loaf artisan white bread, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extra
- 7 eggs, slightly beaten
- Vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
Recipe courtesy of Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, N.Y.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter. Place bread in pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and raisins.
- Combine milk, sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until milk small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour hot milk mixture over eggs, whisking constantly. Pour mixture over bread and cover with foil.
- Place bread pudding pan on rimmed baking sheet in oven. Pour water onto baking sheet to create a water bath. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, until custard has just set. Test by inserting a knife into the center to be sure the custard is thoroughly cooked. Serve with frozen yogurt, if using.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: