- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, backbone removed
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken); mix well. Place chicken breast side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Flatten, folding wing tips under and arranging thighs next to the breasts. Slash the breast twice and the legs and thighs once about 1/2 inch deep. Rub marinade over chicken; cover and refrigerate 8 hours. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Cover a brick with foil. Heat grill to medium.
- Place chicken on grill rack breast side up. Place brick on top of chicken. Cook 10 minutes or until browned. Remove brick and flip chicken over, and grill over low heat until juices run clear when thigh is pierced, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: