- 1 1/2 cups Steen's Cane Syrup, plus 1/2 cup to brush over cake as it cools
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strong black coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 16 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with parchment and wrap outside of pan with foil.
- Pour cane syrup, milk, coffee, eggs and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk, stir well until well combined. Whisk in melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, soda and salt together. Stir in spices. Slowly add to the wet mixture, beating by hand until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Brush the top with 1/2 cup Steen’s to give it a glazy sheen and decorate with pecan halves.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: