- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup stone-ground yellow or white cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 4-cup soufflé or casserole dish.
- Warm buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cornmeal. Cook, stirring often, until mixture is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in butter and salt and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Whisk egg yolks into cornmeal mixture. Add green onions; stir well.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add to cornmeal mixture, a little at a time, folding gently to avoid deflating.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until puffed, golden brown and set. Serve immediately by spooning portions onto individual plates.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: